If you need to pull billing data into an external billing system, this is a summary of the options that you have.
- Direct SQL pull (query) into from our database. This is where your external system queries the data it needs directly from SQL.
- The plus here is that its fast and fairly easy.
- The negative is that if the database changes, it will break this.
- Run a task in our system that will generate the data into a CSV file.
- This is a safe approach, as we can make sure if any change in SQL occurs, this will also change.
- It would create a file by default, but we can add code to push this data to another system.
- Use our API dll to extract the data. This would be done by the remote system.
- This is the safest approach as the DLL will always be up to date.
- More than likely the most work, but not that much more.
If you have additional questions, please let us know.